1) Community Action Partnership – Nonprofit organization that focuses on meeting the needs of homeless in San Luis Obispo.
2) Mission and State – Featured a segment on homelessness problem in central California.
3) 5 Cities Homeless Coalition – Nonprofit organization working to strengthen the south SLO county community by mobilizing resources, support, and hope for the homeless and those facing poverty.
4) Historical Center – A way to understand the prevalence of homelessness in SLO.
5) The Prado Day Center – Helping the homeless
6) Slo Food Bank – Feeding the homeless
7) New Times – Segment on homelessness in SLO. “Homelessness is not a problem that can be attacked with money or plans. When we think of homelessness, we don’t think of statistics; we think of people. We think of people who’ve had problems in their lives, and they all have a story to tell.”
8) United Way San Luis Obispo – Nonprofit organization
9) The Bagel Project – Similar project focused in the Los Angeles Area